- Location: Jamaica
- Types of Partners: Varies (View)
- Population Served: Varies (View)
- Age Group Served: Varies (View)
- Number of People Cared For: Varies (View)
- Available Projects: Child Care and Protection, Medicine and Health Care, Sports and Humanitarian
- Minimum Stay: 2 weeks
- Sustainable Development Goal: Good Health and Well-Being, No Poverty and Quality Education
- Project Requirements: No specific requirement from some partners so anyone with a
love for children and the passion to serve can join the programme, volunteers with an interest
in social work, psychology, sociology or any related area are suitable for the child care
and protection project.
No specific requirement for pre-medical volunteers. Volunteers will only be able to observe on the medicine and health care project.
Volunteers with an interest in building, construction, architecture, renovations, painting, carpentry, plumbing or any related area are suitable for the humanitarian project.
Volunteers with studies or experience in teaching, sports development, sports medicine or any related area are suitable for the sports project.
- Work Schedule: 6 hours per day, Monday – Friday
- Activities: Cultural events each afternoon Monday – Friday and weekend trips to tourist attractions
- Accommodation Type: Host Family
- Price: From $2,500USD per person, convert to your currency. Please see Programme and Project Price for Jamaica
- Meals Included: Breakfast, lunch and dinner (adapted to dietary requirements as necessary)
- What's Included: 24-hour support, accommodation, programme, three meals, transportation to and from the airport, taxi cost from host family to partner agency and on the weekends, please see What is Included for a full list
- What is Not Included: Airfare, daily lunch, internet, laundry, travel and health insurance, please see What is Not Included for a full list
- Start Dates: Fixed dates, see Programme and Project Information for dates
- Age of Volunteer: Must be 16-18
RSVP Caribbean offers four exciting projects for the summer. These include Child Care and Protection, Medicine and Health Care, Sports and Humanitarian. This is a supervised programme for 16-18 year olds where staff members are always with the volunteers.
Child Care and Protection
As a volunteer you will be working at a summer camp with children in a needy community. Your role is to make their summer holiday fun, stimulating and different. You will assist in coordinating activities such as art and craft, dance, drama, sports, music and personal development workshops. Click here to view timetable – Child Care and Protection Summer Project.
Medicine and Health Care
You will volunteer in a poor community and provide different workshops that will help to improve the healthy lifestyle of these persons. You will take vital signs, high blood pressure checks, blood glucose checks, sessions on illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, heart conditions, arthritis among others. You will get to visit a hospital or a health centre and see how it operates and participate in different workshops to build your skills. Click here to view timetable – Medicine and Health Care Summer Project.
Get involved and feel the energy of the Jamaican children. Yes, they have a passion for sports and you can help to shape that. You will work at a sports camp and teach different sports such as football (soccer), netball, cricket, basketball and track and field. Guess what – you can also teach the children a sport from your country! On the last day of the camp a sports day will be hosted where the children will compete in different sporting activities and be awarded with prizes. Click here to view timetable – Sports Summer Project.
Wouldn’t it be amazing to spend your summer to help to renovate the home of someone in need? Think about it – you may have a nice house and a warm bed but many people don’t. On this project volunteers will be repairing the home of someone who is living in a bad condition. This may include repairs to doors, windows, walls, painting and decoration – the aim is to have a total transformation. Your help is needed to make this happen. Click here to view timetable – Humanitarian Summer Project.
Each afternoon is packed with fun activities for you to learn more about the culture. On the weekend trips are planned for you to visit other parts of the island. You will live with a host family and get to experience the warmth of the Jamaican people. How cool is that! See you in the summer – yeah mon!