- Location: Jamaica
- Types of Partners: Government agencies, community groups
- Population Served: Youth and Adults
- Age Group Served: 15+
- Number of People Cared For: Varies for each partner
- Minimum Stay: From 4 weeks
- Sustainable Development Goal: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Programme Requirements: Volunteers with studies or experience in business development, entrepreneurship, accounting, finance, marketing, sales, human resource management, information technology or any related area are suitable.
- Work Schedule: 5 hours per day, Monday – Friday
- Activities: Weekly workshops and cultural events
- Accommodation Type: Host Family
- Price: From $2,000USD per person, convert to your currency. Please see Programme and Project Price for Jamaica
- Meals Included: Breakfast and dinner (adapted to dietary requirements as necessary)
- What is Included: 24 hour support, accommodation, programme, two meals, transportation to and from the airport, taxi cost from host family to partner agency, please see What is Included for a full list
- What is Not Included: Airfare, daily lunch, internet, laundry, travel and health insurance, please see What is Not Included for a full list
- Start Dates: Flexible
- Age of Volunteer: Must be 18+
There are many creative business ideas that individuals need assistance with developing. The environment is one that can enable creative thinking and innovation so entrepreneurship should be encouraged and nurtured especially among our youth. The Entrepreneurship Programme supports originality and will give individuals the opportunity to work on their dreams. Ideas will be the foundation of this programme's business incubation whereby volunteers can help the youth to develop their ideas in a practical way. Giving the youth opportunities to acquire a skill and teaching them personal development skills is very important. Personal development workshops will also be conducted.
As a volunteer, based on your skills and specific interests, you will work with individuals to brainstorm their business ideas, conduct market research, develop business plans, develop marketing and sales plans, test the market, create social media pages, create budgets, create cash flow projections, create human resource components such as job advertisements, job descriptions, performance appraisals and develop websites.