Elderly Care Programme
- Location: Jamaica
- Types of Partners: Homes for the elderly, infirmaries, government agencies
- Population Served: Elderly
- Age Group Served: 50+
- Number of People Cared For: 20+ (varies for each partner)
- Minimum Stay: From 1 week
- Sustainable Development Goal: Good Health and Well-Being
- Programme Requirements: No specific requirement from some partners so anyone with a love for the elderly and the passion to serve can join the programme. Volunteers with studies or experience in social work, psychology, sociology or any related area are suitable.
- Work Schedule: 5 hours per day, Monday - Friday
- Activities: Weekly workshops and cultural events
- Accommodation Type: Host Family
- Price: From $1,000USD per person, convert to your currency. Please see Programme and Project Price for Jamaica.
- Meals Included: Breakfast and dinner (adapted to dietary requirements as necessary)
- What is Included: 24-hour support, accommodation, programme, two meals, transportation to and from the airport, taxi cost from host family to partner agency, please see What is Included for a full list
- What is Not Included: Airfare, daily lunch, internet, laundry, travel and health insurance, please see What is Not Included for a full list
- Start Dates: Flexible
- Age of Volunteer: Must be 16+
RSVP Caribbean also works with partners who cater to the needs of the elderly. There are homes for the elderly which are operated by the government and are in need of volunteers. These individuals are unable to take care of themselves or have been neglected by their family and friends. Your role as a volunteer is to assist with their daily care and coordinate activities that will stimulate them mentally and physically. Your tasks include feeding, playing games, reading to them, having conversations about different topics, grooming and taking them for walks.